Even the Puppy is getting into the Hanukkah spirit.
Puppy: Candles! It’s time for candles!
Me: I’ll be right there
Puppy: It’s time now! The candles are ready!
Me: Yes, but we’re not quite ready. You have to wait a minute
Puppy: How can you wait a minute when there are candles?
Puppy: The candles are pretty
Me: Yes they are
Puppy: Everyone gets to light one
Me: Yes, we take turns
Puppy: When is my turn?
Me: You don’t get a turn
Puppy: Why not? I would like a turn
Pi: You don’t have thumbs
Me: You have the Very Important Job of Watching
Puppy: I have an important job!
Puppy: Now it’s time for presents!
Pi: Sit down, Mister
Puppy: But I get a treat because I was a good boy during the candle lighting
Me: You were a very good boy
Puppy: And I get a treat
Pi: You get a treat in a minute
Puppy: I’m sure I get a treat. I will look for my treat.
Me: You get your treat in a minute
Puppy: Looking in the bag. No treat in the bag. Looking in the box. No treat in the box. Somebody stole my treat!
Me: No one stole your treat
Puppy: Did someone forget my treat?
Pi: You silly boy. Here is your treat.
Puppy: I like Hanukkah very much.
Me: Say “Thank You” nicely
Puppy: I thought I just did
Puppy: Can we do this again tomorrow night?
Me: Hanukkah is 8 days. So yes, we can light candles again tomorrow night.
Puppy: And then after candles I get a treat
Pi: Yes you do because you are a good boy
Puppy: Awwwww, shucks. And then we have latkes?
Me: Puppies do not get latkes
Puppy: WHAT? That doesn’t seem right
Me: Whether it seems right or not, puppies do not get latkes
Puppy: I think I object
Me: You might want to rethink that. I’m pretty sure puppies who object don’t get a treat after candles
Puppy: WHAT? What about my rights?
Me: You have the right to be adorable. And the right to behave.
Puppy: Oh. Well, when you put it that way, I’ll be a good boy.
Me: Excellent choice
Pi: Come here, sweetie. I’ll scratch you
Puppy: Oh boy! That’s almost as good as latkes!
Who do you know who would enjoy Puppy Conversations? Share the DearKidLoveMom.com love
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath
- Crutches, Be a Millionaire Day, and Puppy Commentary
- Puppy Conversations | How to Get Rid of a Stink Bug and Pi Saves the Day
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in Sharon Woods Park
- Puppy Conversations | Morning Walk and Considering Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Rolls in Something Dead
- Puppy Conversations | Going to the Vet
- Puppy Conversations | Kid Moves into First Apartment
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Explains Weeding
- Puppy Conversations | Views on Dinner
- Puppy Conversations | The Photo Shoot
- Puppy Conversations | Being a Cat
- Puppy Conversations | Happy Thanksgiving, Puppy!