Puppy: THERE ARE PEOPLE AT THE DOOR!!
Me: I know
Puppy: THERE ARE PEOPLE AT THE DOOR!!!!!
Me: I know. We need to let them in
Puppy: STRANGERS! STRANGER DANGER!!
Me: They aren’t strangers. It’s Nancy and Tim
Puppy: THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE!!! ALERT! ALERT! THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE!!!
Me: Yes, and you know these people
Puppy: I don’t know these people
Me: It’s been a while but you do know these people
Puppy: THERE ARE SUITCASES IN THE HOUSE!!! CALL THE BOMB SQUAD! WAIT! I AM THE BOMB SQUAD!
Me: Say hello nicely
Puppy: I’m sniffing for bombs
Me: You are not sniffing for bombs
Puppy: I’m sniffing
Me: You don’t know what a bomb smells like
Puppy: IT’S AN INVASION!!! ALERT THE NEIGHBORS! MAN THE LIFEBOATS!!
Me: Behave yourself
Puppy: THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Me: They are nice people. They are our friends
Puppy: Want to scratch my tummy?
Puppy: Would you like to feed me?
Me: You’re being watched
Tim: I can tell
Me: He’s hoping you don’t know the rules
Puppy: Stop talking!
Me: Or that you’re a messy eater
Tim: He’s very hopeful
Puppy: I would like some dinner
Me: You had dinner
Puppy: I would like some of THIS dinner
Tim: Should I tell him I know not to feed him from the table?
Puppy: WHAT???? Who are these people you invited and why do they know the rules??
Me: At the dinner table
Me: Go play
Puppy: Scratch me
Me: We’re at the dinner table
Puppy: OK. Feed me.
Nancy: He really is a cute little thing isn’t he?
Puppy: Yes, I am
Nancy: He’s very hopeful about food isn’t he?
Puppy: Yes, I am
Nancy: But he’s a very good dog
Puppy: I’ll eat some of your dinner very nicely if you share
Me: Don’t encourage him
Nancy: Not me
Puppy: What’s going on? Do you hand out rules before people come to visit??
Having a great visit with Nancy and Tim. Hope your weekend is great too.
For more puppy conversations see
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween