Puppy: What are you doing?
Me: Making stuffing
Puppy: That smells delicious
Me: Thank you. That’s high praise from someone who eats poop
Puppy: I would like some stuffing
Me: The stuffing goes inside the turkey
Puppy: I think the stuffing should go inside the Booker
Me: The stuffing does not go inside the Booker
Puppy: But, mom…
Puppy: I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but the turkey is DEAD
Me: I had a pretty good idea about that
Puppy: So it can’t eat the stuffing
Puppy: I can eat stuffing, so stuffing should go in the Booker
Me (pointing): That’s where the stuffing goes
Puppy: Ew. I don’t think the turkey will like that
Me: As you pointed out, he’s dead
Puppy: Still, very undignified
Me: You’re adorable
Puppy: Yes, and I would like some stuffing
Puppy: Mom, will you tell me about Thanksgiving?
Me: Thanksgiving is a day to watch football, eat yummy food, be with friends and family, and be thankful for all the things we have
Puppy: I’m thankful
Me: What are you thankful for?
Puppy: I’m thankful for being rescued, and I’m thankful for my toys and my big pillow, and I’m thankful for being your puppy
Me: We’re thankful for you, too. It’s good to have you as part of our family
Puppy: You mean “pack”
Me: I mean pack
Puppy: I would still like some stuffing
Puppy: What is THAT?
Me: That is the cooked turkey
Puppy: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Me: No. Puppies do not get turkey
Me: Puppies do not get turkey
Puppy: But I was planning to be thankful for turkey!
Me: Sorry, baby
Puppy: You’ll never finish all that without my help
Me: I’ll take my chances
Puppy: When are you going to drop some turkey on the floor?
Me: Wasn’t planning to drop any on the floor
Puppy: When are you going to drop green beans on the floor?
Me: Wasn’t planning to drop those either
Puppy: When are you going to drop sweet potatoes on the floor?
Me: Honey, I’m not planning to drop any food on the floor
Puppy: But you might
Me: I’m not planning to
Puppy: But you might accidentally
Me: It’s possible
Puppy: I’ll wait
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
For more puppy conversations see
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit