Did I tell you about Pet Wants? Great company. They make all natural, healthy pet food and were kind enough to share a sample with me (and the puppy). This is exactly what happened.
Puppy: Mom! Mom! You’re home! You’re home!
Me: Hi, Baby
Puppy: Mom! Mom! Mom! Look at my toy! Look at my—you smell different
Me: I small different?
Puppy: You. Must. Be. Sniffed. And your bag Must. Be. Sniffed.
Me: Sniff away
Puppy: (sniff) smells like mom…(sniff) smells like mom….(sniff) smells like mom….(sniff) smells like DELICIOUS!!!
Puppy: I would like some Delicious
Me: You would
Puppy: YesYesYes….I am spinning around because I can’t stand how excited I am
Me: Well, you have to wait a few minutes
Puppy: I have to WHAT??? I can’t wait!
Me: You have to wait a few minutes
Puppy: I don’t want to wait. I’m sitting nicely. See? I’m a good boy. No, I can’t sit still. I’m too excited for DELICIOUS!
Me: Sorry baby. I’m the mommy and you have to wait.
Puppy: This is not working out well for me
Puppy: Waiting…still waiting….trying to behave….waiting…MY NOSE IS GOING CRAZY!!!
Me: Now it’s your turn
Puppy: YAY! My turn! My turn! My Turn! My turn for what?
Me: A Surprise
Puppy: I love surprises! Love surprises!
Me: And it’s good for you
Puppy: Love Surpris—wait a minute. You think baths are “good for you”
Me: Baths are good for you
Puppy: Don’t like baths. Don’t like “good for you”
Me: I think you’ll like this
Puppy: What do you have? It smells sooooooo good
Me: It’s new food. It’s good for you
Puppy: I like food. I love food
Me: Would you like to try a piece?
Puppy: I was right. This is DELICIOUS
Me: I’m glad you like it
Puppy: De-licious. More please
Me: That’s all for now
Me: There’s a “But”?
Puppy: But it’s not what I sniffed before
Me: Caught that, did you?
Puppy: I am VERY good at sniffing
Me: You certainly are
Puppy: So where is the other sniff?
Me: Have you been a good boy?
Puppy: Very good! Very good! Very good! That. Smells. Amazing.
Me: I think your tail is going to come off, you’re wagging so hard
Puppy: I think my nose is going to explode!!!!
Me: Here’s a teeny piece
Puppy: I love teeny almost as much as I love lots
Me: What do you think?
Me: Wait, what do you think?
Puppy: More. More. More. More!
Pi: He looks like he’s addicted
Me: Yep. And the cool part is it’s good for him
Pi: He’s a very lucky boy
Pi: What are you giving him?
Me: Beef jerky. The nice ladies at Pet Wants a sample of the food and the beef jerky
Puppy: Love the nice ladies! Love the nice ladies! More!
Pi: How can that be good for him?
Me: Don’t you make healthy stuff that tastes good?
Pi: Well, yeah, but that’s because of the ingredients. Oh, I get it
Puppy: More! More! More! I’m in love with the nice ladies!!!
Who do you know that would love DearKidLoveMom? Share the stories – Share the love
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath
- Crutches, Be a Millionaire Day, and Puppy Commentary