Pi and I both looked up from dinner.
Pi: What is that?
Me: I don’t know
Simultaneously: A stink bug
Pi: Well, excuse me Mister, but you are not welcome in here.
She got up and glared at the bug.
Pi: Out! Wait.
She opened one of the sliding doors on the porch.
Pi: Now. Out.
The stink bug flew up to the skylight.
Pi: Well, if that’s the way you want to do it.
She grabbed a page of newspaper.
Me: Not the comics
Pi: It’s newspaper
Me: It’s the COMICS!
Pi: It’s to get the stink bug! Yah!
Me: Don’t get stink bug on the comics!
Puppy: What are you people doing?
Pi: The sink bug is not cooperating!
Puppy: I think I’ll go outside
Me: I think you’ll stay right here
Pi: Out! Out! Out!
Puppy: Yes! Yes! Yes!
Pi: The stink bug is hiding in the door track! Get out of there you!
(Should I mention that we were laughing uncontrollably at this point?)
Me: Pi, close the door
Pi: I have to get the stink bug out!
Me: Yes, but you’re letting all his relatives in
Puppy: I am a good boy
Me: You’re a good boy because I’m holding your collar
Pi: Scoot little stink bug, scoot!
Me: I think you just broke some of his legs
Pi: How do you make bug casts?
Me: No casts
Pi: I still can’t get him out!
Me: Get the paper under him and flip him out
Pi: Paper under. Flip! And…. He’s out!
Puppy: Bye bug
Pi: And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get rid of a stink bug
Me: Can I read the comics now?
Who do you know who would enjoy DearKidLoveMom? Spread the word.
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath
- Crutches, Be a Millionaire Day, and Puppy Commentary