Puppy: You’re going WHERE?
Me: To a pet adoption event
Puppy: But I’m here
Me: Yes, you most certainly are
Puppy: Are you taking me?
Me: No, you’ve already been adopted
Puppy: I have? By who???
Me: By us, silly
Puppy: I’m ADOPTED?
Me: Well, yes, don’t you remember us talking about it?
Puppy: Of course not.
Me: Oh, puppy
Puppy: Why are you going to a pet adoption event?
Me: To see the animals
Pi: I think we should get a goat
Puppy: Are you going to bring me an animal? I already have my green frog and my squeaky skunk
Me: No, I don’t think they are going to have squeaky skunks there
Puppy: What kind of skunks will they have?
Me: I’m not expecting any skunks. I’m expecting dogs and cats
Puppy: Are you going to bring home one of those???
Me: No, we’re just going to say hello and maybe scratch a tummy or two
Puppy: I like it when you scratch my tummy
Me: I know you do
Puppy: So I think you should stay home and scratch my tummy
Me: That’s a lovely idea. Maybe I’ll scratch your tummy when we get back
Puppy: This isn’t working out quite the way I planned
Me: Life happens that way sometimes. Besides, maybe the Really Good Treat people will be there. If they are, I’ll probably bring you home some treats
Puppy: I LOVE treats! Want a treat! Want a treat!
Me: Calm down, baby
Puppy: Can’t calm down! Want a treat!
Who do you know who loves puppies? Please share DearKidLoveMom.com
For more puppy conversations see
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food