You (being a college student) probably celebrated this past weekend.
The rest of us are celebrating today. (Boo!)
We are having a Halloween party at work today.
There will be a costume competition and a creative food competition.
Since I won the sock competition last year (Woo Hoo!), I don’t feel the need to compete again. So I decided to make a delicious something-or-other.
My best idea was to celebrate HalloWine and bring a bottle of an adult beverage. But it’s work, so I nixed the liquor and decided to stay professional.
My next thought was a delectable dessert. But my Fitbit conveniently pointed out that I’d probably eat 50% of whatever I made before I even reached the building. And I couldn’t come up with (and by “come up with” I mean “find on the internet”) an idea that appealed to me and wasn’t aimed at the single-digit-age crowd.
But I found a great idea from Steve Giralt on the Woman’s Day website.
Pretty fabulous, yes?
Only I didn’t manage to go shopping.
So instead of the winning crudité display, I shall be bringing an excuse.
A creative excuse.
Here’s my list:
- My dog ate it. Which could be true, since The Puppy will eat pretty much everything (especially carrots). But he’s much too well behaved to do such a thing.
- I was sick all weekend and didn’t want to contaminate anyone. Which would be good except that I wasn’t sick at all. And I look far too healthy today for anyone to believe me. In order to make this work, I’d need to dress up like a sick person. And I’ve already ruled out costuming.
- I was so busy catching up on work that I didn’t have time to make anything. I am quite backed up on work. And I had a lot of it at home. I even spent about half an hour organizing things. Not sure that half an hour qualifies as a reasonable amount of time to not get around to kitchen stuff.
- Aliens landed, took my crudité, and then wiped my memory of the entire incident. Could have happened. I can’t remember.
- My computer crashed and I spent the weekend trying to get back my work. Great excuse, but would undoubtedly have generated a great blog. Or no blog at all. Not believable.
- I spilled coffee all over the display and ruined all the veggies. That could have happened.
- I ran out of coffee over the weekend and slept through the whole thing. That could not have happened.
- The Bengals were playing in London and the game went into overtime (true). It took until this morning to recover. Uh-huh.
- Trying to get all the veggies lined up right brought on a panic attack of epic proportions.
- I didn’t want to show up everyone else.
What do you think?