New Year’s Resolutions can be very hard to keep. Yesterday I listed 7 that I realized I had no interest in keeping even as I wrote them. After that, I realized that the ability to keep resolutions has very little to do with willpower and everything to do with how you write the resolutions in the first place.
Therefore, I’ve created a list of resolutions I will absolutely, positively keep.
- To wake up—at least once a day.
- Not to buy purple shoes in size 5 (I wear a 7 ½).
- To shop for a new pair of rain boots (possibly to even find a pair I like).
- To eat on a regular basis.
- To root for the Bengals—no matter what.
- To walk at least a mile. Every month. (Isn’t it wonderful having a Fitbit that can measure these things?)
- To stay on a diet. For at least 6 minutes.
- Not to remodel the kitchen.
- Not to go into the attic in our house (in the 18 years we’ve lived here, I’ve never once ventured up there and I see no reason to start now).
- To see at least one movie (made for TV movies count).
See how easy it can be to keep resolutions? Bet you’re not going to buy size 5 purple pumps either…