Your canine cousin, Anakin, is having a Terrible Trouble. Anakin (as you know) is a puppy Auntie M and Uncle Sean are raising for the wonderful people at Guiding Eyes for the Blind. Poor Anakin is having his Terrible Trouble with The Other Puppy In The House. You know about the other puppy–the one who approaches when Anakin approaches, and who lifts his paw when Anakin lifts his, and lies down when Anakin lies down, but never comes closer than nose to nose and Just Won’t Play.
It’s all very sad and frustrating.
I have no words of wisdom for Auntie M because Booker never had this problem (what with his microscopic legs and all the mirrors on the first floor of our house being above Booker level). I’m not entirely sure what he thinks when he sees another dog being held in someone’s (my) arms. But since he’s also being cuddled, he’s never objected.
Often, when I have nothing pertinent to say, I’ll opt for cheerful irrelevance, which is what I’m doing today.
I have collected 6 Fun Animal Facts that will hopefully cheer you up even if they don’t cheer up Anakin.
- A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance. So is a large shoe collection. Not naming names.
- Worms communicate by snuggling. This is how mud-wrestling was originally invented.
- Rats giggle when you tickle them. Their laugh is so high pitched you need special equipment to hear it. Like teenage girls.
- Male puppies, when playing with female puppies, will intentionally let the female win. Male puppies are not stupid. Of course, what’s really happening is the female puppies are letting the male puppies think they’re letting the females win.
- A group of porcupines is called a prickle. How perfect is that?
- Baby puffins are called pufflings. Too cute.
Hope your mirror, mirror on the wall predicts a wonderful day.