Today was Going to the Vet Day. Nothing is wrong with the Puppy; it’s just time for his annual visit.
Me: OK, baby, time to wake up. Give me one minute and then we’ll go
Puppy: Go? Go? We’re going somewhere? I love going somewhere. Let’s go! Let’s go!
Me: Hang on, baby. Let me get the keys
Puppy: Keys means the car! I love the car! Let’s go in the car! Car! And you’re taking treats! Treats and car! Treats and car! This is fantastic! What is taking you so long!
Me: You need a leash baby. Come here
Puppy: Of course I need a leash! Put on the leash! We have to go somewhere
A hyper puppy and I drove to the vet. When we got out of the car, he began sniffing.
Puppy: This is a great somewhere! There is so much to sniff! My nose is so excited!!!
We spent about 5 minutes sniffing and smelling and investigating and cataloging and listening and sniffing again.
Puppy: I know this place. They have treats.
Vet Tech: Let’s get you weighed
Me: Up here
Puppy: She said we have to get me wait. I’m waiting.
Vet Tech: Good boy. Let’s go into this room now.
Puppy: Come on, Mom. We’re going in here to see someone new
Me: Okey dokey
Puppy: I will sniff the room
Me: Let me know if you find anything interesting
Puppy: Very interesting! Very interesting! I think there are treats up here
And off he went.
After a few minutes, back he came.
Puppy: They tricked me
Me: I suspected that might happen
Puppy: We went out THIS door and still went to the ouch place
At that point the vet came in. The Puppy planted himself between my legs and the wall.
Vet: Why don’t you put him up here on the table since he’s hiding down there
Puppy: No thanks
Me: Up you go
Puppy: Up here under protest
Me: You’re a good boy
Vet: Yes, he is
Puppy: Yes, I am. But I’m not happy
The vet checked all his various bits and pieces and parts. We discussed his scratching (we’re going to try Benadryl). And then it was time for his shot.
The boy was pressing against me, but standing very still. The vet pinched a tiny bit of tushy skin and popped the shot in. He didn’t react. At all. She put down the syringe and picked up the second one that contained his oral meds.
And the Puppy yelped. Yelped more than once. Tried to climb onto the top of my head.
Puppy: That hurt! That hurt! Mom, she hurt me! Ow! Ow! Ow!
Vet: Talk about delayed reaction!
Me: You’re scratching me. Calm down
Puppy: Let me out of here! She hurt me! I am not happy!
Vet: Here’s the second one
Puppy: That is not a treat
Vet: You’re all set
Me: Come on, little guy
Vet Tech: Hi Puppy. How did it go?
Puppy: I was a good boy. No problems. Can I have a treat?
While I settled the bill (and by “settled the bill” I mean paid an amount that would feed a small country for a week), he happily explored the entire waiting room and greeted some of his adoring public.
He is now sleeping. It was a very tiring experience.
Who do you know who would enjoy Puppy Conversations? Share the DearKidLoveMom.com love
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath
- Crutches, Be a Millionaire Day, and Puppy Commentary
- Puppy Conversations | How to Get Rid of a Stink Bug and Pi Saves the Day
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in Sharon Woods Park
- Puppy Conversations | Morning Walk and Considering Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Rolls in Something Dead