It’s Waffle Day!
Let me sum up our experience by saying “YUM!”
I had the Mega-Berry Waffle.
Pi had a Very Interesting Waffle that she added things to to make it Even More Interesting.
It was a great way to start our day.
Fun (or not) waffle facts:
- The word “waffle” is from the Dutch, meaning “wafer.”
- Unless it comes from the Old German “wefan”, which meant “to weave something into the shape of a honeycomb.”
- Waffles were brought to America by the pilgrims. Which started the tradition of turkey and waffles.
- There are waffles in our freezer because Eggo started freezing waffles in 1953. The ones in our freezer were made more recently.
- There are savory waffles in the world, but they are a mistake.
How are you going to celebrate Waffle Day? Enjoy!