The Puppy was the star in his very own photo shoot.
Puppy: I had to have a bath
Me: Yes, you did
Puppy: I smell ridiculous
Me: You smell clean
Puppy: That’s what I said—ridiculous
My friend Beth The Photographer came over to the house.
Puppy: I’ll go roll in something so I smell better
Me: You will sit right there and wait nicely for Beth
Puppy: She’s going to think I smell awful
Me: She’s going to think you smell clean
Puppy: I’m so embarrassed
Me: Try not to look embarrassed during the photo shoot
Puppy: I’ll try not to look clean either
Puppy: Someone is here! Stranger danger! There is someone coming to the door! Alert the marines!
Me: It’s Beth. I told you she was coming to take photos
Puppy: I don’t know you! You’re at my house! Call the police! Tell the neighbors! Alert the media!
Beth: Hi, Puppy. Nice to meet you
Puppy: Oh. Hi. Nice to meet you too. Would you like to play with my toy?
Me: What sweetie?
Puppy: She has a big black bag
Puppy: I don’t know what it is
Me: It’s her camera equipment
Puppy: I sniffed it. It doesn’t smell like food
Me: I shouldn’t think so
Puppy: Can I play with it?
Me: Absolutely not
Puppy: Can I sniff it again? Because it’s been a lot of places
Me: Happy sniffing
Puppy: I’m always happy sniffing
Beth: Why don’t we take some photos outside?
Puppy: Outside? I love outside? Can I go outside with you?
Me: Yup. You’re going to be in the photos
Puppy: Psstt. Mom?
Me: Yes sweetie
Puppy: Does “be in photos” hurt?
Me: Not at all
Puppy: Will you be there?
Puppy: OK. Let’s go outside!!!
Me: Fetch the ball!
Puppy: I will run to the ball!
Me: How about you bring it back to me?
Puppy: Hey! There is something interesting over here to sniff
Me: Bring me the ball
Puppy: You threw it. You get it.
Me: I have a treat
Puppy: Bringing the ball! Bringing the ball!
Beth: How about we try some photos in the sun?
Puppy: I love the sun! Nap time!
Puppy: Sitting like a good boy
Me: You are a very good boy. Look this way
Puppy: The sun’s in my eyes
Me: Try to open your eyes and look at me
Puppy: Sun. In. My. Eyes.
Beth: Let’s go back to the shade
Me: Say “thank you” to Beth for taking your picture
Puppy: Thank you to Beth for taking your picture
Beth: You were a very good boy
Puppy: You are a very nice lady. Would you like to play with my toy?
Beth: I have to leave now
Puppy: You’re not going to stay and scratch my tummy?
Beth: Didn’t you get enough scratching before?
Puppy: Is she serious?
Beth: Goodbye baby
Puppy: I am exhausted. Nap time…
And that was the photo shoot.
Who do you know who would enjoy Puppy Conversations? Share the DearKidLoveMom.com love
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath
- Crutches, Be a Millionaire Day, and Puppy Commentary
- Puppy Conversations | How to Get Rid of a Stink Bug and Pi Saves the Day
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in Sharon Woods Park
- Puppy Conversations | Morning Walk and Considering Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Rolls in Something Dead
- Puppy Conversations | Going to the Vet
- Puppy Conversations | Kid Moves into First Apartment
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Explains Weeding
- Puppy Conversations | Views on Dinner