You may have noticed a wee bit of sarcasm in yesterday’s blog about New Year’s Resolutions and the best way to go about keeping them. You may also have noticed a wee bit of cynicism the day before when I talked about the resolutions I will never ever even attempt to keep.
To be fair, you might have noticed more than a wee drop. (And, as they say, a little goes a long way.)
So (hang onto your hat, kiddo) I decided to take a moment and write some very real and serious resolutions. No joke.
In 2016, I resolve to
- Appreciate every moment with the Puppy because I know he won’t be here forever.
- Make time to spend with friends—even if we do absolutely nothing when we’re together.
- Wear a piece of good jewelry at least once a month. I love my costume jewelry, but every now and then wearing the real thing makes me feel special.
- Drink more water and eat less sugar.
- Schedule “Date Night” at least once a month.
- Pay more attention to people than to technology.
- Tell my kids how much I love them and how proud I am of them. Even if they roll their eyes when I tell them.
Love you kiddo. Have a wonderful 2016.