As we have previously established (April 15: The Good, The Truth, And How to Survive It), April 15th is not a notoriously fabulous day.
It should be a fantabulous day, and in some respects it is, but overall, April 15 has a bad rap.
Puppy: Move over
Me: Excuse me?
Puppy: It’s called A Present. I am Present to write today’s blog.
Me: Do you know how to type?
Puppy: Good point. I’ll tell you and you type.
Me: We can try
Puppy: Dear Kid (that’s how you start, right?)
Me: Works for me
Puppy: April 15th is a great day. I pooped.
Me: Seriously? You want me to write that?
Puppy: I have a busy day planned. It is called Breakfast, Dinner, and Napping.
Me: You live one crazy life, buddy
Puppy: Maybe today Mom will give me the new present she bought for me
Me: Stop looking at me like that. And today is not the day
Puppy: It’s not doing anyone any good sitting on the counter
Me: Besides, how did you know about it?
Puppy: I am The Puppy. I know everything
Puppy: Napping is very important. There are many different kinds of napping. There is curled-up napping, napping with your nose under a blanket, napping with your legs straight out. Some dogs even like napping on their backs, but that seems ridiculous to me.
Me: Good thing you’re not judgmental
Puppy: I’m a dog. I love everyone. There is napping on my pillow, napping on the porch, napping on my blanket, and napping wherever the pack is.
Me: Very busy.
Puppy: Very. And I have new food. Dad thinks I didn’t notice, but of course I noticed. But it’s food, so I don’t complain.
Me: Generous of you
Puppy: Mom says it’s called “senior food” which means I can go to college when I finish it
Me: Not sure you got that interpretation quite right
Puppy: Happy April 15th. Love, Booker
Me: Got it
Puppy: You typed that very well. I have to go nap now.
Happy April 15th.
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations