Already it’s been quite a busy morning.
Because of she’s on crutches, I drove Pi to school this morning. And because I’m That Kind Of Mom, the puppy came with us. And whined the entire trip.
Puppy: Did not
Me: Excuse me?
Puppy: I was offering a commentary on the things I sniffed
Me: In English we call that whining
Puppy: You do not understand sniffing
Do you know how hard it is to compose a blog in your head when the Puppy is whining? And I’m not talking about a soft, subtle whine, I’m talking about loud, in-your-face, non-stop, “I’m being abused” whining.
Puppy: If I whisper, you can’t hear the commentary
Me: I’d be willing to take my chances
In other news, DearKidLoveMom is making a technology change. Theoretically speaking, this shouldn’t impact you at all. It should be a smooth transition from one hosting service to another.
I did say “theoretically speaking”, right?
The challenge is that technology projects and “theoretically speaking” only have a passing acquaintance—at least in my experience.
Puppy: It’s because you don’t sniff them
I’m hoping you don’t even notice that the site has moved. But in case the world ends (and by “the world ends” I mean the site is down for some amount of time”) I want you to know that I had nothing to do with it and I’m not a bit surprised.
Puppy: If you’d give the technology a treat it would behave much better. Speaking of which…
Me: Puppies who whine in the car do not get treats. Especially not before I’ve finished my first cup of coffee.
Puppy: Drink up, woman!
And in still other news, it’s Be a Millionaire Day. It’s not clear to me if this is a directive or an honorific, but it’s not a bad thing. Especially since a million dollars isn’t really a million dollars any more. Well, it is but it only buys you an ice cream cone and a cup of tea in retirement.
How does one celebrate Be a Millionaire Day? I’m not sure. (Puppy: You sniff it.) Maybe you buy a winning lottery ticket (don’t waste your money buying losing tickets). Maybe you play a round of Monopoly. Or maybe you just go to work or school as usual and plan for the future.
Not sounding like a great day to celebrate? Probably because you’re not an expert sniffer.
Who do you know that would love DearKidLoveMom? Share the stories – Share the love
See more puppy conversations
- Puppy Conversations and Food Observations
- Spring Puppy Conversations
- New Puppy Conversations
- Winter WonderPuppy | Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Puppy Conversations Translated for the College Kid
- Puppy Conversations and FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Puppy Conversations and the Joy of Quirkiness
- Puppy Conversations| In the Beginning
- Puppy Conversations | What’s In a Name?
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Plans a Party
- Puppy Speaks Foreign Languages…Sort Of
- Summer Puppy Conversations | Speaking of Hope
- National Dog Day | Puppy Has His Say
- Puppy Conversations | Completely In Love with Tal
- The Puppy and The Cricket | Wildlife in the House
- October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month |Puppy Has an Announcement
- Puppy Tries to Talk His Way Out of a Bath
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (vegan) for Breakfast
- Puppy Conversations | Mom Has a Headache and Puppy Tries to Help
- Puppy Conversations | Discussing Halloween
- Puppy Conversations | There Are Strangers in the House
- Puppy Conversations | Ricky The Yorkie Comes to Visit
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Talks Turkey
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Discovers Leftovers
- Puppy Conversations (Sort of) | The Sleep Challenge (Mine)
- Puppy Conversations | DeScarfing the Frog and Freezing Weather
- Puppy Conversations | Take Your Puppy to Work Day (Not)
- Puppy Conversations | Split Attention: Cat vs Food
- Puppy Conversations | The Adoption Event
- Puppy Conversations | Going to School and Going to Work
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy’s Innards Do the Talking
- Early Morning Puppy Conversations
- Puppy Conversations | April 15 and Puppy Takes Over the Blog
- Puppy Conversations | Walking in the Rain with My Puppy
- Puppy Conversations | It’s All About the Food
- Puppy Conversations | Puppy Logic Doesn’t Get Him Out of a Bath