Grandma is in the hospital for a few days. Knowing her, this is not easy since they expect you to rest and relax and follow their rules when you’re in the hospital.
Grandma is not known for resting and relaxing on someone else’s schedule.
So being the kind of kid I am, I turned to My Friend the Internet for ideas on how to entertain oneself when one is supposed to be Taking It Easy rather than scaling mountains.
And MFTI let me down. In a big way.
Oh, there were ideas. They were just 17 kinds of awful. Maybe 18.
So I turned to The People of Facebook for ideas, and TPoF did not let me down. (Thank you FB friends!)
- Books, audio books, Kindle books
- Adult coloring books (‘Adult’ as in ‘for grown ups’ not as in ‘XXX’)
- Sudoku and crosswords
- Play soothing spa music in your room so the nurses hang out there
- Organize photos for albums (which sounds like work to me)
- Investigate the family tree through Ancestry.com
Nobody mentioned “Talk to the nurses about your grandchildren” or “Tell the medical staff about DearKidLoveMom.com”; clearly an oversight.
Mostly, I hope she’ll relax, rest, recover, and head home soon. Those would be good things to add to a hospital to-do list.