It’s all in how you react. Some people scream and yell and carry on and others take life in stride. All you have to do is look at a kids’ soccer game to see examples of both. Which are you most impressed by?
I recently had the great pleasure of being stuck in the Las Vegas airport. (For what happened after the airport, click here.) Here was my view when I was standing up in the line.
- Dismay. WTF! How could they do this to me??
- Electronic. Let’s see if we can get rebooked online.
- Telephonic. Let’s try to reach a live person.
- Line waiting. And more line waiting.
- Utter defeat.
- Gratitude. Sincere gratitude that we were dressed for travel and not wearing crazy heels.
- Indignance. I can’t get out of here until WHEN???
Rinse and repeat.
For the most part, our fellow travelers were reasonably calm as we were herded through the non-moving line. Which was good, because there really weren’t any alternatives.