It’s officially the holiday season.
I know this because:
- Last night we finished the Thanksgiving leftovers. Even the ones we had in the freezer.
- The airwaves have been taken over by reindeer, barking dogs, and commercials for the “perfect gift.” Note: You are not likely to receive the “perfect gift” (as defined by the ad agencies).
- Not only are the houses dressed up in all their festive glory, I saw a person pushing a stroller—that was lit with holiday lights. (That was a first for me.)
- People are at the mall rather than being home watching football.
- People at the mall are spending ridiculous sums—like $55 for a knitted hat. Note: You are not getting a $55 knitted hat whether or not it’s the “perfect gift”.