It has been quite an eventful and event-full weekend. Not only did we have graduation (SO proud of you), three soccer games, the football combine, and countless graduation parties that other people hosted, we had two graduation parties that we hosted/co-hosted.
Here’s what I have learned about graduation parties.
- They involve a significant number of graduates. Which reminded me that this may be one of the last times I get to see this particular group of your friends congregated in one place. (sniff)
- It is not possible to diet during graduation season. Graduation involves a LOT of food. And a lot of cake. Fortunately, the wonderful Debba has agreed to do an extra spin class on my behalf.
- Green frosting stains. I discovered this when someone else got frosting on their clothing. My Ohio University shirt remains pristine.
- Party-hopping is not only accepted, it is expected. Since everyone is having their graduation party during the same general time-frame, going from location to location is the only way to get to see everyone. And to try all the different varieties of food. It’s like an advanced scavenger hunt.
- Graduation parties mean graduation party leftovers. Hope you liked what we served—we’re going to be enjoying it for a while.
You are friends with very nice people, kid. And you are a very good host.
Hope you had a good time too.