As I believe I may have mentioned, it is cold. And going to get even colder. (O, Joy.)
Note: Yes, it’s the same image as yesterday, but due to a technical yark! not everyone got to see it.
While there are people who love the winter and the cold, I am not one of them. I like one good snow accumulation a year, where you can go outside and appreciate the amazing job Mama Nature has done decorating the trees and come inside and be warm. I do not like sub-zero temperatures and howling winds—especially when I have to Go Places and show up looking more or less presentable.
As I have also mentioned, I am in charge of my own happiness. And while I completely believe in the value of a good kvetch now and then, there are some things (like the weather) I just don’t have any ability to control. Since I can’t control the speed or viciousness of the howling winds, I decided to make a list of The to try to keep some balance in my perspective.
- Next summer, when it is 95 degrees and 300% humidity, we can look back on this with fondness regret happiness…ok, we can just look back.
- No one can complain that “it just isn’t winter without snow.”
- It’s easy to justify hot chocolate, marshmallows, and brandy (for medicinal purposes only).
- A roaring fire seems sort of silly when it’s shorts and T-shirt weather.
- You don’t have to mow the snow.
- You have a good excuse for hat hair.
- Snowmen. You just can’t build them in the summer.
- The winter Olympics.
- Sweaters, scarves, layers, boots, and my entire winter wardrobe.
- It’s never too hot to sleep.
- Snow days.
Stay warm, sweetie.